Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Banana Bread Heaven

I made THE MOST amazing Banana Bread I have ever made. Period.



And I've made banana bread following many, many recipes: some good, some awful, some ok, some healthy, some full of fat. But this time, I hit the jackpot. And its gluten free and could easily be dairy free but I have this love affair with butter that I just can't shake.

I stumbled on this delicious recipe while browsing past posts of the Gluten Free Ratio Rally.  A few months ago the item of choice was "quick breads".  This particular recipe originated with Tara  of A Baking Life, who blogs and cooks gluten free. 

I followed her basic recipe (go to her blog to get the full monty) with a few minor changes:
  • I used the GF flour I had on hand, not her recipe for pastry flour.  
  • I used canola oil instead of coconut oil. One, its what I had on hand, and two, coconut oil is not cheap.
  • I didn't have almond flour, but I did have almond meal, so that's what I used. Maybe they are the same thing??? 
  • I used Rice Milk, not whole milk.
 I certainly have to give her credit for posting the recipe, and hope you click on the link to go check out her other great recipes.

My version turned out fabulous, as everyone who tasted it will quickly testify. This recipe is going to be my new go-to banana bread...and I've already got requests to bring it to my upcoming event.


Happy Baking! ~ Laurie

1 comment:

Tara Barker said...

Wow, thank you, Laurie! I'm so happy that you tried my bread, and happier still that you loved it! If everyone's early experiences with gf baking were so positive, I bet going gluten-free would be a much easier transition! Thanks so much for your support and for stopping by my blog! Good luck with your baking!