Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snow Ice-Cream

It SNOWED & school is canceled!!  I'm dedicating this recipe to our new pastor and family who just moved here from San Diego and are loving all of the snow.   I grew up in snow country and we would make this every year though I don't think we ever had an official "recipe" for it.   I still live in the Pacific NW, but we don't get as much snow on this side of the mountain and its not a winter guarantee.   A friend did reminded me that this recipe is best not done with the "first" snow of the season, but since the first snow might also be the last, I just highly suggest that you make sure you get CLEAN snow for this recipe and maybe add extra sugar!


Snow Ice-Cream

1 medium size serving bowl full of CLEAN snow
1-2 teaspoon of vanilla
1/4 - 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 - 1 cup milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla syrup (optional)



Mix all ingredients together and eat immediately.



I don't think I've ever actually measured out the ingredients.   I just eye ball it for the most part.   I have a medium size tupperware bowl that I collect the snow in.   I sprinkle the sugar on top so there is a light coating covering the top, gently pour out some vanilla and syrup, then keep pouring the milk in and stirring until it gets slightly soupy.   My kids decided they wanted chocolate chip ice-cream so we threw a few chocolate chips to the top.  Eat and enjoy right away.   You can save it and freeze, but it becomes pretty hard and not as good.   Fresh is the best!

No comments: